Thursday, July 23, 2009

Ice Cream Sandwich Cake


Or the Easiest Birthday Cake I've ever Made.

This "recipe" may not quite be made from scratch, but every busy mom needs a few easy cheats once in awhile. And when your son asks for something so incredibly easy for his birthday cake, this busy mom is happy to oblige.

This cake is so easy, and is really quite delicious. If you can find ice cream sandwiches on sale, like we did, it is also pretty economical to make.

You need:
14 ice cream sandwiches
1 large tub of whipped cream
12 crushed Oreos

In a 9x13 pan make a single layer of ice cream cakes to cover the bottom of the pan. I cut one in half to fill the pan.



Spread half the tub of whipped cream on top of the ice cream cakes. Make a second layer of ice cream cakes on top of the whipped cream. Cover with remaining whipped cream, and sprinkle Oreos on top. Put in the freezer to refreeze. To make cutting easier, remove from freezer twenty minutes before serving.




Thanks to Deena for this great idea!

8 comments:

  1. Yum~ This is SO my type of dish!
    :)

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmm--I have a birthday in the family this week, this might be our version of an ice cream cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to try this one. It looks too yummy! I love easy too. Thanks for the carnival submission.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My birthday was this weekend. We celebrated it tonight because our weekend was busy. Wish I had read this before. It would have been my cake. Now I have an excuse for another birthday cake. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had to tell you we made this and LOVED it!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

    Dora Renee' Wilkerson

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to make this and put a toy dump truck with oreo crumbs spilling onto it. Thanks for the recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete

Header designed by Crystal. Thanks!